Apprentice Katie says that this was one of the best soups she has ever had!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chilli
- 1/2 medium cauliflower, trimmed, cut into small florets
- 5 1/2 cups rvegetable stock
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- naan bread, warmed, to serve
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, potato and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
Add turmeric, coriander, cumin and chilli. Cook for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add cauliflower and stock. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, partially covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
Blend soup, in batches or with immersion blender, until smooth. Stir in 1/3 cup yogurt. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or until hot (do not boil). Season with salt and pepper.
Ladle soup into serving bowls. Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon of remaining yoghurt. Serve with naan bread.