It may look like a big messy bush has arrived in your kitchen, but there’s actually a great snack hiding in there. As soon as you get them home, pluck the pods off of the stalks and store them in a plastic bag in the fridge until you can use them, ideally as soon as possible.
- Bring a pot of salted water (1 tsp to 1/2 tablespoon) to a boil
- Pluck the fuzzy bean pods off the stalks.
- Add the bean pods to the boiling water
- Boil for 5-6 minutes or until bright green, and the beans inside are firm, yet give to the teeth. Drain. They can be eaten hot, room temperature, or cold.
- Lightly salt the pods and eat them by pulling the pod through your teeth (the beans get left inside your mouth — don’t eat the pod!), or shell the beans and enjoy!