I’m usually skeptical of any recipe that doesn’t include butter or oil, but these muffins are delicious and a great way to use zukes!
1-1/2 cup white flour
1/2 cup oat bran
1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup plain yogurt
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup grated zucchini
1 cup peeled, cored, and chopped apples
1. Preheat the oven to 350’. Lightly oil the muffin tin. Place a liner in each cup.
2. In a bowl, sift together the flour, oat bran, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the egg until pale yellow. Add the yogurt, brown sugar, and vanilla and beat until thoroughly mixed. Fold in the zucchini and apples.
4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just blended.
5. Spoon about 1/3 cup of batter into each muffin cup. Bake for 25-30 minutes. When a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean, the muffins are done.
– Moosewood Restaurant New Classics