The wait is almost over — veggie season is nearly here! The fields are full of greens that are growing beautifully, and the greenhouses are full of tomatoes, peppers, and eggplant that we will be enjoying in a couple short months. We’ve planted more than ever before, both in quantity and in variety, and we can’t wait to share it with you all!
Our plan is to start CSA deliveries/pickup the week of June 14th. We will be delivering your vegetables (and your cheese, if you are participating in the cheese CSA) to the below locations every week. If you have any questions about where you are receiving your vegetables, please contact us. If you will not be picking up your share any given week, let Reba know a week in advance to set up an alternate pickup or to have your food go to the food pantry.
- Sunday in Rockland: Pickup is between 10:30 and 11:30 am in front of the UU church on Broadway. At 11:30, any vegetables left over will be donated to the AIO food pantry (you do not need to let us know if you won’t be there). We will have spare grocery bags, but try to remember a bag to pack your veggies in! First pickup June 14th.
- Monday at the Farm: Pickup is between 5pm and 7:30pm. Your vegetables will be in the ‘farmstand’ at the head of our driveway. You can park next to or across from the stand on the grass. We will have spare grocery bags, but try to remember a bag to pack your veggies in! First pickup June 15th.
- Monday delivery: Shannon or Patrick Hunter will be delivering your share after 4:30pm. If there is a specific place at your home you would like them to leave your bag, please let Reba know via email. First delivery June 15th.
- Tuesday at the Shelter Institute: Coolers will be set up in the classroom with your shares pre-packed in grocery bags. Pickup can be any point after we deliver (by 11am), until the store closes at 4:30. First pickup June 16th.
- Tuesday at Bowdoin: Josie Cameron Johnson will be overseeing the CSA deliveries in the History department office (Hubbard 22) at Bowdoin. Pickup will be from 11:30 to 3:30. Contact Josie at email@example.com with any questions. First pickup June 16th.
- Thursday at the Farm: Pickup is after 5pm, and your shares will be packed in a grocery bag in the walk-in cooler under the white tent near the house. First pickup June 18th.
- Thursday delivery: Sara Hotchkiss will be delivering your share after 5pm. If there is a specific place at your home you would like her to leave your bag, please let Reba know via email. First delivery June 18th.
In addition to your veggies every week, make sure you pick up a copy of the farm newsletter and recipes. If you forget to pick it up, though, you can always find the newsletter and the recipes on our website.
As for animal news on the farm, it seems that the ewes didn’t get pregnant this year, sadly. But piglets will be arriving in June, day-old chicks arrived last week, and our three guinea hen babies are now awkward teenagers, so plenty of growing is happening on the farm!
If you are paying in installments, remember that the third installment is due. If you are having a challenging time with payments, please just get in touch with us. There are still a couple of spaces available in the CSA, if you know of anyone who would like to join at the last minute.
Let us know if you have any questions and we look forward to seeing you all soon!