CSA member Peter Proeller wrote out the following recipe and comments for the newsletter: “Here is a quick way to cook zucchini as a yummy side dish, so that when someone breaks into your car to leave surplus zucchini on the passenger seat you will say ‘Thank You’.”
1. Slice zucchini lengthwise into 3/8” thick slices.
2. Arrange slices on a cookie sheet.
3. Drizzle a little olive oil on the slices and rub them together to lightly coat all slices on both sides.
4. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on the slices and place under a broiler on high.
5. After five minutes, start checking them often and flip the slices when one side is getting a little brown, about five minutes before the smoke alarm goes off (don’t get distracted at this point).
6. Brown other side (check again often).
7. Take out of oven and eat just like that.
Roasted zucchini slices are also good cold or in a sandwich or in a lasagna.