Have any frozen Maine shrimp leftover from last winter? Give this a try! It gets amazing reviews on epicurious.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed (use just half a clove from the fresh head in this week’s share)
- 1 pound peeled cooked medium shrimp
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 6 medium zucchini or zephyr summer squash (about 1 3/4 pounds), cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 4 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro plus sprigs for garnish
Whisk sour cream, cilantro, and garlic in small bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
Combine all ingredients in medium bowl. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or overnight. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.
Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add onion; sauté until tender, about 8 minutes. Add garlic; stir 1 minute. Add zucchini; stir to coat. Stir in broth; bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat to mediumlow, and simmer until zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes. Cool to lukewarm. Add chopped cilantro. Working in batches, puree soup in blender until smooth.
Transfer soup to large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill until cold, about 4 hours. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep chilled.
Divide soup among bowls. Top each with shrimp, dividing equally. Spoon dollop of cilantro cream over each, garnish with cilantro sprigs, and serve.