- 2 cups julienne cut daikon radish (you can use a food processor to cut it)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp sweet rice wine (mirin)
- OPTIONAL: crushed peanuts
- Place the daikon in a colander/mesh strainer over a bowl or the sink and sprinkle with salt. Mix well. Let sit for 30 minutes. Squeeze out excess water and then rinse well with cold water. Drain.
- In a small saucepan, combine the seasoned rice vinegar, sugar and rice wine. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves (this will only take a few minutes).
- Transfer the daikon to an airtight container and pour the rice vinegar mixture over. Shake or stir well to combine. Chill for 20 minutes before serving.
- This can store for up to a few days in the fridge, if it lasts that long. If desired, serve topped with crushed peanuts.