I originally named this recipe ‘Everyone’s Favorite Kale’ because I used to think sugar was the only way to win members over to kale. Now that so many of you are kale fanatics, I consider this just one great recipe in our kale repertoire.
1 bunch greens (kale, chard, spinach, etc)
2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon tamari soy sauce
1. Strip greens from stalk, coarsely chop, steam until just tender & drain
2. Toast seeds in dry skillet (medium heat) – stir constantly until golden brown and fragrant
3. Grind seeds and sugar with a mortar & pestle until coarsely ground
4. Add soy sauce & stir to make a paste
5. Toss greens & sesame paste to coat the leaves evenly
LOVE this! It is our family’s favorite kale recipe!