1 1/2 pounds new potatoes, cut in half (or larger potatoes cut down to bite size)
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Fresh-ground black pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups green beans, trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar, or red wine vinegar
1 small red onion, sliced thin
1 cup chopped parsley
2 plum tomatoes
1. Preheat the oven to 425. Put the potatoes into a roasting pan. Drizzle them with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, and sprinkle them with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper. Roast the potatoes for 40 to 50 minutes, or until they are tender. Let them cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. While the potatoes roast, bring 1 quart or salted water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the green beans, and boil them for 1 to 2 minutes, no longer. Drain them, and rinse them with cold water.
3. In a large bowl, combine the garlic, the vinegar, and the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil. Add the onion, parsley, tomatoes, and green beans to the vinaigrette.
4. Add the potatoes to the bowl, and then add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper to taste. Toss well. Serve the potato salad warm, or let it cool, cover it with plastic wrap, and chill it to serve cold later.
– Vegetarian Planet, Didi Emmons