This is essentially the same process as freezing other veggies. You just have to blanche it a little bit longer than the leafy greens.
- Put a pot of water on to boil, with a colander or steamer in it and with a top that fits tightly.
- Rinse the broccoli, then cut into florets and small pieces of stem
- Once the water is at a rolling boil, steam blanche the broccoli, covered, until they are uniformly bright green – approx 3-5 minutes.
- Rinse the broccoli under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Spin the broccoli dry in a salad spinner, or roll it dry in a dishtowel.
- Put it into a plastic storage bag, close the bag nearly all the way, suck the remaining air out of the bag, and seal.
- Label the bag and stick it in the freezer to enjoy next winter!